Create New Maven Project Using IntelliJ IDEA:
- File -> New -> Click ‘Project’
- Select ‘Maven’ and your SDK then Click ‘Next’
- Fill out the GroupId, ArtificalId, Version as below and then Click ‘Next’
- Your Project Name Should Transfer Over From Previous Step – ArtifactId And Click Finish
*** Hint: Project location need to contain the project name at the end : C:\Users\rstolarc\QaWebTester\QaProject
- Open The Project in New Window
Connect your project to GIT Repository:
- Navigate to you project folder
- Start ‘GIT Bash’
- Navigate to your project folder by typing:
- When coping pasting the path, you have to use mouse right click and paste. Remember to change all “\” to “/”.
- Your Project Name nor your folder name should contain any spaces. For example: a folder name named ‘New Folder’ would throw an error in git bash.
- Type: git init
*** Mac Users: Use tilde symbol to navigate to your folder. For Example : cd ~/ Documents/MyFolder
- Verify your project has a ‘master’:
- Right click on your ‘scr’ folder, then mouse over ‘Git’ and Click ‘Add’. Any Java Class inside a folder/package should turn green.
- Right click on project name -> SampleProject, then mouse over ‘Git’ and Click on ‘Commit Directory’
Green: New Files
Blue: Changed Files
Red: Excluded Files
- Type in your Commit Message and Click on ‘Commit’ Button
- Click on VCS -> Mouse Over ‘Git’ -> Click on Push
- Click on ‘Define Remote’ and paste in your GitHub Url.
- Click on ‘Push’ Button